January 6, 2016
The founders of Hachiko had this dream that in some way they could find a way to help our dogs tell us their stories. So they thought let’s give our dogs a voice. Let’s give them a way to communicate with us, and lets give us the dog parents a way to stay in touch as we care for our dogs.
Name of Product – Hachiko Pet Activity Tracker
Category – Technology
Company Story – The About Us page of their website tells the following story. “Back in the 1920’s Hachiko used to accompany his dog parent (Hidesaburo Ueno) to Shibuya train station every day. His owner would get on the train and go to work, and Hachiko would return home on his own. Then, when it was time for his owner to come back, Hachiko would return to the train station on his own and would wait at the right platform at the right time, everyday, for his return.
Then one day tragedy struck. Hachiko’s owner passed away while at work and never came back. But Hachiko kept on returning to the same platform, at the same time, every day, for nine years. When Hachiko passed away all of Japan was moved, and his statue was erected outside the station.
When it came time to come with a name for our product we wanted to find a name that would invoke that connection, love and devotion between people and their dogs. Hod (our CEO) lived in Japan for four years and used to travel through Shibuya station where Hachiko’s statue stands. When we began working on our product we didn’t know what it would look like and which features it will have. But we did know that it will be a monument to the strong connection we have with our dogs. We thought of Hachiko and realized that his devotion best describes this connection. In his memory, and in celebration of the connection and devotion dogs are showing towards people and people are showing towards dogs, we named our company Hachiko.”
- A monument to the strong connection we have with our dogs.
- Celebrates the connection and devotion dogs are showing towards people and people are showing towards dogs.
- Automatically connects with your phone via wireless and Bluetooth technology to provide ongoing updates.
- Can connect with multi people so the whole family can join in the fun.
- Watch video to learn more.
What The Green Hound Likes Best!
- Designed as a tool to build the human/hound relationship.
- One year battery life that is replaced for free.
- No monthly monitoring fee.
Cost & Ordering Information
- $39 each